Harrisburg Diocesan Council of Catholic Women
The Family Concerns Commission supports and enhances the importance of family members in all stages of life and to preserve and protect the dignity of the institution of marriage. The commission works to assist families in achieving a truly Christian life and to carry out their responsibilities within the Church, the local community, and the world.
The 50th Wedding Anniversary Mass celebrates all couples in the dioceses celebrating this milestone anniversary. For more information contact the commission at [email protected].
- Check out the many family resources on the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops website.
- Observe World Marriage Day and National Marriage Week (Feb 7-14) in your parish.
- Connect with the PA Catholic Conference to stay informed about Marriage and Family Life Issues.
- Monitor the media and participate in the WRAP (White Ribbons Against Pornography) campaign sponsored by Morality in Media in the fall.
- Help parents monitor home computers, cell phones, iPads, Facebook, Twitter.
- Stay current on issues facing families today such as Domestic Violence, Pornography, Human Trafficking, Abortion and Respite.
- Pray daily for all families and for the strengthening of family values.
- Become an individual member of NCCW to access the 37-page document Calling All Catholics! Passing Our Faith to the Next Generation, the monthly NCCW Connect, Catholic Woman magazine and other timely information.
Contact the commission at [email protected]
"The future of humanity passes by way of the family." -Saint John Paul, II