Harrisburg Diocesan Council of Catholic Women
Our Goal is to be an example to everyone in responding to and taking action in addressing the needs of the community. Being led by Our Lady of Good Counsel to be a Light of our Catholic faith, we encourage Council members to share their blessings by “living” the Beatitudes.
March for Life Baby Shower -- We host a March for Life Baby Shower. This provides an opportunity for those unable to attend the March for Life in Washington, D.C., but who are still interested in supporting local pro-life efforts.
Prayer Shawl Ministry -- Compassion and love of knitting and crocheting are combined in this prayerful ministry which reaches out to those in need of comfort and solace, as well as in celebration and joy. Prayers are knitted and crocheted into every shawl. Many Parishes in our Diocese have Prayer Shawl Ministries and the HDCCW retreats provide an opportunity for sharing and fellowship.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ~ Aesop
- Urging others to join Council and perform works of Mercy and Service
- Providing meals for parishioners in need
- Collecting clothing and personal items for Veterans, nursing homes, or shelters
- Visiting the elderly and sick
- Working in food banks or soup kitchens
- Promoting tolerance of one another to cultivate peace
- Performing acts of kindness to so many people in need
Contact the commission at [email protected]